For any web designer, following the best web design standards is a must. There are also various other factors that will need to be followed when designing the website so that the user is able to get excellent experience when browsing through the website and the business is able to get a high number of customers due to increasing number of traffic visiting their website. To help you out, this article will take a look at some tips for web design to get a great looking website.
Some amazing tips for getting a great looking website:
- In recent times, the speed of the loading of the website is very important and there are still many websites that don’t make speed a priority. Various researches have been carried out regarding the speed factor and it shows that it heavily does influence the success of the website. If the loading speed of the website is slow, the viewers will lose patience when it comes viewing a website that is slow to load the contents. Also, search engines consider the speed factor when ranking the website. The faster the time the website takes to load, combined with other factors, the higher the website will get ranked and this will allow better exposure for the website to the prospective viewers who are looking to purchase similar product/service that the business is offering.
- Simple design always wins the bet when it comes to designing a good website. A website with complex design or using excess elements makes the website appear cluttered, which the viewers are not interested in checking out.
- It is encouraged to get creative when designing a website, but it is best to opt for layouts that are standard in the niche as viewers are more familiar with using a website with layouts that are considered standard. If you do follow this tip, you can find various other ways to make the website stand out.
- When placing graphics such as images and videos on the page/site a freelance web designer Singapore is designing, it is best to make sure to use a standard size, instead of really large ones, which would take more time to load when the viewer is visiting the web page. However, you should also remember to use high-quality images when designing the site.
- Make sure to test the site before launching the site online. This will allow you to understand that whether there are any issues with the design or if any necessary elements need to be added to the designed site.
- In the recent time, you will find that many of the sites are not including a sidebar to the site. This is because elements as such have proved to be providing bad experience for the users when they are browsing through the website. Also, they make the website page appear cluttered and messy.
- If you want to make sure that the viewers are able to get the necessary contents in the shortest possible time, it is best to use a search box for the site pages that you are designing. The viewers will be able to type the keyword for anything that they are searching for without browsing through the website for hours.