If you are looking to become a web designer, you will need to know HTML and CSS. When you strengthen the basics in HTML and CSS, you can design good websites, with practice. There are various websites where you can learn the basics of these two important languages for web design. Let’s take a look at some basics of HTML and CSS that any web designer should know.
Some HTML and CSS basics that any web designer should know about:
- To create the website, you have got many programs that you can use such as Dreamweaver. Programs as such make it easier to do the required coding. But as a beginner, it is best to use basic programs like notepad. As soon as you have understood the basics, you are ready to use Dreamweaver or similar programs to create the website.
- The tags for HTML are not case-sensitive. You can use small or big letters to write the codes. For any HTML code, you will need to use an opening and closing tag to make the code work. Beginners tend to make mistakes when it comes to using the tags for HTML.
- There are five different tags that are used to define the webpage text. There are also three major logical styles that you will be using when working with HTML. To make italics’ text, emphasis tag is used in HTML, but with more curve than the usual italics text. There are many other important features of HTML that you can use when creating the web page.
- Let’s take a look at CSS, which is basically used for showing and placing the various HTML elements. CSS helps to design the web page, for example, colours, fonts, and layouts. You can apply these styles in three different ways, which are in line, internal and external styles. This language also comes with tags, but unlike HTML, they are known as rules. Any CSS rules have got two sections in it and these are selectors and declarations.
- There are various tutorials that help to teach CSS for beginners. You should remember that this language is independent of HTML and you can use it with any language that is XML-based markup. The separation between these two important languages helps to share the style sheets across pages, to maintain sites, and to alter the pages according to specific needs.
- As a web designer, it is important that you master both CSS and HTML. Without CSS, the website would look dull. Being well versed in basics will help you when you move to the advanced level.