There is a great importance of responsive website if you want to offer the best experience to the website viewers. Responsive design of a website will make sure that your viewers will be easily able to view your website without any hassle. This is because the responsive design will adjust with different resolutions and sizes of screens of any device. This way, your website users will get the best experience when browsing and this will lead to increased traffic to your website. If you are wondering how a freelance web designer Singapore can create a responsive design for your website, no worries as we will now take a look at some helpful tips for responsive web design.
Designing of a responsive website:
- You will first need to target your audience. This will save both money and time. You can either make your website to be responsive for all devices or for a few specific devices if you aren’t sure about your audience.
- To allow your users to check the contents of a functioning website, you will need to apply “progressive enhancement”. This is a strategy where the main content of the website is emphasised. This way, your users with an advanced web browser can use an improved version of the website.
- As a part of the design, you will need to upgrade the various features of the website. You can apply various frameworks such as polyfills, modernizr etc. You can easily download any suitable framework from online. To check the design of the website, you can use emulators or validators.
- The website must be compatible with the commonly used browsers. If the browser is unable to load the website, it will reduce the traffic to the website.
- You should make sure that your web pages contain precise information and not anything unnecessary.
- Make sure that the media that you are going to use for your website is small. This is because cell phones are used with less bandwidth. Also, you should make sure to use images of high resolution because smartphones now days come equipped with screens with high resolution.
- Make sure that it is easy to navigate the website. Websites which are difficult to navigate suffers reduced traffic to the website. If the website is difficult to navigate, users will not be interested in browsing through your website.
- Make sure that the buttons on your website can be easily clicked when visiting the website through other devices.
- You should use typography which can be read easily and they should be of an appropriate size. There are wide ranges of fonts available that you can use. Very small or large fonts can make it difficult for the users to read the website content.
These are only a few basic steps to achieve the website responsiveness. There are various helpful resources which will help you to understand how to make a website responsive with more details online. One of the best websites which can help you out is W3Schools.com.