If you have already searched about web design, you may have come across the impression that it is quite easy to design a website if you have the basic technical knowledge. One reason that can be attributed to this impression is faster speed internet, tools such as visual composer and advanced browsers. In the recent times, designers don’t need to face the similar hassles of the past. If you know the basics of web design, it will become easier for you when designing a website by applying the basics. Let’s take a quick look at the basics of web design.
Basics of web design:
1. When you are designing a website, you will need to keep some important things in mind, which will improve the quality of the designed website. Some important factors are easy navigation through the website, pages that load faster, active links and contents with proper spelling and grammar. It is also important to make the website interactive and interesting to the user by adding suitable colours and using images, videos etc.
2. A layout can be defined as a design of the website technically but there are many other things that will need to be considered when it comes to web design. The positioning of the elements is the layout of the webpage. This is the foundation for the videos, images, contents etc. on the website. CSS is one of the popular options for a freelance website designer Singapore. CSS will help to save a lot of trouble when you are designing a website.
3. As the number of mobile and tablet users are increasing significantly, the need of responsive web design is important when it comes to web design. Responsive web design will ensure that the layout is automatically changed depending on the size of the screen of the device through which the website is being viewed.
4. One of the most important parts of web design is the typography. When designing a website, you should make sure that you are selecting the correct and suitable sizes for the fonts for your website contents. Too large fonts will take up a lot of space on the webpage and it will also not look good. Small sized fonts will give readers a very hard time to read the content. You will need to experiment with different fonts, keeping in mind the type of website you are designing. This will help you to select the right choice of fonts.
5. Colour scheme is another important aspect for your website. The use of colour scheme is evident on all the websites. Each colour conveys specific meanings. It will help to offer a pleasant view with strong brand identity. When taking a look at the colour scheme, you should also have a good knowledge about colour psychology.
6. Random placing the texts in a website, no matter how important the content is will definitely make the webpage appear boring to the reader. Placing high-quality images, illustrations, videos, and other graphics will make your webpage appear bright and lively and capture the attention of the readers, conveying the content message easily.
7. Readers will get frustrated looking for the information if it is difficult to navigate through the website. Simplicity should be targeted when designing the website. A clear and simple design will offer easy navigation.