The HEAD tag is a particular element of the HTML code of the web page. In fact, the great part of the HTML code within this tag doesn’t generate visible elements; yet, this tag has the great attention of developers in a freelance web designer singapore. Already, it has the first part of the code that browsers investigate when loading web pages. It is expected that this tag contains data with great values even if they are not displayed.
Elements of the HEAD tag:
The HEAD tag contains several elements that do not result in visible elements within the web page. Thre are two types of tags: tags with an opening and an ending syntax; tags with only an opening syntax.
Tags with an ending syntax
These are the elements which are written as most of the HTML tags. The general format contains an opening and an ending. The content is the written.
<tag name> The tag content</tag name>
This tag format describes several tags and they are:
- Title tag: this tag defines a title will appear on the browser upper
- Style tag: this tag announces some CSS code; this information is indeed included in the opener. The style tag is useful when the document contains repeated styles; it allows writing each one once then indicate to the browser when and where to use them. This process is made by specifying the tag types or specifying tag id.
Tags with no ending syntax:
These are tags with only an opening and not an ending. All related data are therefore written within the opening.
<tag name tag data>
There are three main tags within this category:
- Link tag specifies paths for files that the browser has to import in order to display the page properly.
- Base tag: specifies the target of all the links; target means new page in a new window or a new page in the same window.
- Meta tag: there are several Meta tags and they all are used for SEO purposes. They contain valuable information about keywords, authors, descriptions.
The HEAD tag is important because it contains information that helps the browser display the page properly. In addition, data are invisible on the web page, yet they are critical for the ranking of the page. In fact, a proper HEAD tag increases the score of the page and increases its chances to be found and viewed by users. According to SEO experts, in-page-SEO techniques are essentially operated within the HEAD tag; precisely in the Meta tags.