Owning a digital version for the company you run has become mandatory. In fact, people use the World Wide Web and profit from technological development to increase their outreach and produce better achievement. Nowadays, with mobile technology, people use their mobile devices to browse their favorite websites. However, using mobile browsing tools may implicate some modifications on the websites in order to have them display properly. Yet, many business owners are opting for the creation of dedicated applications that help the website to be browsed. With the growing number of applications, it is normal to ask the question: why is it important to create a mobile application for your business?
Importance of having a website for the business:
Having a website is a critical step for every business and company. In fact, the online presence of the business allows it extending the outreach of the message it conveys and the product or service it sells. In a matter of cost/effect balance, the online platform excels the regular promotional tools at achieving success.
The limits of responsiveness:
The concept of responsiveness describes the ability of the website to be viewed on all displaying devices, especially the mobile devices ( smartphones and tablets). Although this ability increases the outreach of the business (most people today access the internet from their mobile devices), it has some limitations. Besides altering the website layout, responsiveness can:
- Dismiss a lot of content: users can easily abandon browsing of the website and can miss the important sections.
- Penalize the website: the loading speed of the website can be reduced to a critical level that makes the user abandon the process.
- Alter the content: the quality of the content can be altered and damaged.
- This can also be fixed by a freelance web designer Singapore.
The advantages of the application:
Actually, the three key points –the limits of the responsiveness- are solved by creating the applications and associate them with the website. These applications which are minimal interfaces have the following advantages:
- Display selected content: the application is made up to pick selected content from the website. In other words, the most important sections are adapted, the other sections are dismissed by default.
- By dismissing the unnecessary content, the loading speed of the application is increased. This can easily raise the score of the business.
- The selected content is easily optimized and then there is no major alteration.
Moreover, the application can handle the notifications. Instead of subscribing to a newsletter, consulting the email for updates, the business or company can notify the follower, who have the application installed, are notified instantly. This is the best way to keep connected with the audience. Also, it is useful when it comes to evaluating the business popularity and the user’s activity in relation to the business.
It is important to signal that responsiveness is not dead. The concept is still effective. Indeed, the first contact that a user makes with the business would lead to the other. It is possible that the user discovers the application through the download center, then he moves to the main website, mainly using the mobile device. Does mobile technology threaten the desktop and laptop?